Saturday, April 11, 2015

The privilege of youth

The Book "The privilege of youth is a sequel of 3 books,"The lost boy "The boy called It" And "my name is David. Its about a young boy named David and when he was little he was going through the worst time in his life. His mother wouldn't let him eat drink or even use the washroom. in the book it says "The only time I'm really happy is in my dreams,  I sleep on a coat in the garage, I huddle my self up trying to use my body warmth to keep me warm" (Page:3) from "The Lost Boy". In this book "The privilege of youths."he is a teenager, and he is a faster child now. After running away so much he finally is some what happy. At the school he goes to now there is a lot of drama and fights going on. other kids make fun of him because he is a 
faster child. He’s gotten beaten up at least 3 times but he finally TRIED standing up for him self 
but he was beaten up then to.




My opinion about this book,
I honestly feel so  much better reading this last book, I honestly felt really bad for him. I mean what kind of child deserves a family who don’t even want him? That beat him and starve him just for the heck of it? He didn’t do anything to them but stick with them and put up with the pain he was feeling inside and he couldn't do anything about it. Finally he ran away, And he got to the police station and his mom came and she lied and said he was always in fights,so they wouldn't take him away from her. I felt like he was her little slave more than a child. I love this book, but it’s so deep, and It feels like I was there with him and I really hope no one feels pains he has had or even worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment